Think Yachts has worked to combine the benefits of online selling with local
agent representation, meaning buyers and sellers can still tap into that
expertise but with the added bonus of being global in their marketing.
With a boat to sell you have 2 choices:
- Privately listing and advertising your boat
This is the Do It Yourself or ‘DIY’ option that may seem appealing to many
boat owners since it seems to bypass the necessity to pay commissions to a Yacht
Broker and hence save you money. This might seem simple and low cost at the
outset but remember buyers expects listings to be of the highest quality as well
as being listed with a reputable agent or dealer - all to offer them
reassurance. Remember also, to obtain the price you are looking for, your boat
needs to be seen by your largest possible target audience.
- Using the services of a professional Yacht Broker
Why would anybody choose to pay a Yacht Broker a commission? Let us try to
answer that question as follows:
- A Broker will have the knowledge and market experience to list your boat with
the correct level of detail and present them in the best light to attract the
- A broker will have previous experience of boats similar to yours, buyers likes
and dislikes of them, problem areas etc.
- A Broker will be able to advise on presentation tricks to make your boat shine
above the competition
- A Broker provides a crucial barrier between you and the buyer
- A Broker’s non emotional involvement and objectivity is vital, particularly at
the negotiation stages and can prove to be extremely valuable
- Positioning your boat accurately in the market is a skill that you cannot learn
from books and is absolutely fundamental to achieving the maximum price for your
boat. At Think Yachts we will provide you with a Position and Current Market
Analysis to back up our advice on the pricing of your boat in your area.
- A Broker will provide you with access to areas of marketing from specialist
internet sites like Yachtworld to shop front displays to powerful global broker
networking and boat shows that are simply unavailable to the private seller.
- The higher price achieved through a Broker will typically far outweigh the
brokerage fees that are charged.
- A Broker will sell your boat far more quickly – how do you value that?
- A Broker usually invests up-front to list, advertise and market your boat, with
no commission due until a sale is completed, meaning that in effect the buyer is
paying for the service.
- Think Yachts works on this basis and also provides the option of kickstarting
the process and giving your boat a bit of boost over and above the similar boats
market. (see Optional Services)
- The correct procedural guidance, legal obligations placed upon the seller and
leaving the correct paperwork trials are crucial for your protection both
legally and financially on any size of boat.
When you weigh up the options that the decision is quite clear.
List your boat with us today. Contact Us